Louis, at the time was nine years old, he has Spinal Muscular Atrophy. A debilitating disease which causes progressive degeneration of the muscles.
6 photographs and 6 captions;
• Louis lives with his mother and sister at their home in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Louis’ sister stands and models her new underclothes while he is confined to his wheelchair.
• Children with a variety of disabilaties play together at Hope School.
• Louis is nine years old, he has Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
• Louis looks on as a friend jumps off a wall at Hope School in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• A disabled child walks with the aid of crutches down the passages of Hope School a school for the disabled.